One of my best pieces in the wardrobe is my French jacket.
It is perfect when traveling for business as it is easy to transform from casual to business look.
I decided to order two Marfy patterns – I just could not resist. Continue reading “Marfy Top 1913”
So far only paper patterns are ready so let’s take the next step – muslins.
I think then I will follow on this jacket – 3350. I will order the pattern – I really like the construction.
It feels so good making sewing plans and actually sewing again!
It is made of viscose crepe and as it is sheer I decided to put the very fine viscose lining at the front. I am glad I did it.
I have finished the seams with a false French seam. If you would like to know how to do this you may check this great tutorial by Kate from the Couture Academic.
The back opening turned out nice – it is finished by hand.
In May Etsy organises ETSY school on SEO where we work on improving our shops to be better visible for search engines. I was paired with Richende, who is selling funky, modern bracelets in her shop RichBracelets.
We have got a manual where some of the exercises have to be done together, so yesterday direct after work I went to Enschede (NL) to meet Richende. It was nice to meet other Etsian and exchange experiences.
Afterwords I went to an atelier of Bas van Loo, who is making one of the garments for a BMA challenge. He would like me to make buttons to his garment. I needed a piece of a fabric to find good colour of glass. Nice challenge for me.
After coming home and taking a short break I proceeded with the Marfy 1913 top. I decided to underlined the front with very thin viscose lining – unfortunately I did not have silk china in gray. It feel and look great – much better then trico in skin colour.
I stay stitched front and back necklines and armholes, made 2 rows of stitches for gathering front neckline.
I have chosen the crepe viscose with this beautiful pattern.
The pattern pieces are cut off – I only think of cutting the front piece twice as the fabric is a little sheer.
Unless I will lined the front. I have to think of this option and check what kind of lining I have.
Better pictures will follow.
This summer weather just calling to make more tops. I have seen a lot of tops made of the Marfy 1913 pattern and as this one is on my list for some time – I have decided to make it. I have just finished the pattern putting together. Now I have to pick up a nice fabric from my stash.
After the first week of doctors visits and other less interesting activities on Sunday I have made two muslins for the future dresses.
1. From the Silk Charmeuse I am planning to make the top of the dress as below draped on the dress form.