My sewing machine is in a good hands – I hope. I hope it will be fixed soon so I can follow-up on new sewing projects – which piled up. It is strange to see this empty space.
For a short period I was thinking of buying the new machine -Bernina 580 – but after checking my budget unfortunately it has to wait. I have to earn/save somehow money.
Meanwhile I cut out the Burda Retro Pattern 134 from the blue viscose with black dots.
I event thought to sew it by hand… and may be I will do if reparation takes more time. Other option I was considering was buying an old Singer with foot pedal. Or just wait.
I still have lock machine – but not so many knit fabrics. While looking for a fabric for the Burda Retro Top I came across a piece of striped jersey so I have made a top – T-shirt.
I had to make neck-band from 2 shorter pieces – I did not have one long piece any more.
This is a knitted top meant to be sew in majority on sewing machine which I hate. So I was testing how to make it using only serger.
The insert on the back went ok. The back top however is too wide so I will have to adjust it next time.
The front is a little different story. I attached first the folded top front and then I sew in the front insert.
The next time I will keep the end of the insert longer so I will fold it over to cover the seams. But it is not so bad. I joined front and back and here I had to stop as I did not have fold over elastic, any elastic I could use or enough knitted fabric to make my own band.
I will now patiently waiting for my sewing machine and in the meantime shorten few skirts for my mother.