The inner pocket is installed! I am glad with the final result. My DH is running a lot of projects in Africa and I managed to have Africa at the top.
I liked working on something different than garments so having still my sewing machine set up with heavy duty threads I decided to make a cover for a portable printer for him as well.
This time I decided to use a fabric with all Air Mail envelopes printed on it.
After measuring and drawing the pattern I cut all the pieces from the fabric.
I used a flannel blanket as underlining for protection. I was so glad that my sewing machine was doing so good with this all thick fabric …but you know this proverb:
Do no praise the day before sunset….
I have just finished attaching a pocket for a charger and a cable when it refused to work.
The needle did not come up, the thread was twisted around the bobbing and I have a (fortunately) small hole in the fabric now. The needle broken as well eventually.
I have changed needle few times, re-threaded the sewing machine many, many times, corrected the bobbing, clean up the bobbing – NO WAY – NO MORE SEWING!
DYI project #2 has to wait.
Meantime I have prepared the patterns for the Burda retro top 134 – this has to wait as well.
I will cut the pattern from the fabric and make all things by hand as far as I can. I hope till this time my machine will be repaired.