This project is accomplished – summer top based on Marfy 1913 is ready and I am wearing it today.
It is made of viscose crepe and as it is sheer I decided to put the very fine viscose lining at the front. I am glad I did it.
I have finished the seams with a false French seam. If you would like to know how to do this you may check this great tutorial by Kate from the Couture Academic.
The back opening turned out nice – it is finished by hand.
After I attached the collar to the neckline,
I hand under-stitched the under collar.
I did not put elastic to the hem line. I can always do this later but at this moment I like it loose.
It is versatile top – it could be wear with elegant skirt or just jeans. I am sure it will be one of many I will make – I have enough fabric in my stash for it. I will probably try to make one without the collar.
The next project is a simple silk skirt. I have bought this silk recently at the Stoffenspektakel.
I had a big plans about this silk skirt untill I put a pattern pieces on it. It appeared it is just enough for a simple skirt. I will event have some issues to make a waistband – I will have to improvise.