Fitting session

Eventually – after one week – I have unpacked all muslins I have made during my stay at my mother and had big fitting session on Sunday.

After taking pictures the analyzing took place. Generally speaking these two tops for the future dresses based on  Butterick pattern B5556 and Butterick pattern B5813 were ok. I will have to make usually adjustment for my sway back and add a little ease in the waist. I have to check again the shoulders length as well.



Unlike the above tops I am a little disappointed with this cropped jacket based on the Butterick pattern B5859. I am not so sure I should waist my time trying to fix it when I have other pattern I could use. I will give it a time.


The front is sitting not so good as well. I would have to replace the darts.

Unfortunately this all have to wait again. My uncle passed away and we are going to Poland for few days for funeral.
Next week I will be leaving for my work and then we will have Easter.

Not so many days to sew in April. At least I can watch all beautiful creations created by other bloggers. I hope May will be more sewing friendly.


By Red Point Tailor

Follow on Bloglovin Follow Me on Pinterest

Creative Brand Series from Creativebug

Craftsy Learn it Make it

Fire Mountain Gems and Beads 40th Anniversary Sale


About Red Point Tailor

My name is Beata - I am manager, mentor, coach, personal stylist, couturier and jewelry designer. I founded Red Point Tailor with the vision to use my creative abilities, experience and knowledge to inspire, motivate, educate and empower you in finding your own sense of freedom and a fulfilled life. Under the label Red Point Tailor I design and create unique and elegant jewellery inspired by the simplicity of the Art Deco period. My goal is to make women feel elegant, smart, feminine… and utterly fabulous! Haute Couture is my passion. In my free time I read books, make own garments or sail together with my husband.
This entry was posted in RPT Sewing Projects and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Fitting session

  1. I’m so sorry about your uncle. Have a safe trip.

    • Thanks. It was said – especially that my aunty is now alone. Fortunately her children will stay longer few days after the Easter. Maybe my mother will visit her and stay for few week. It would be good for both of them.
      It was however goot to see a lot of family member I have seen not so often.

  2. becki says:

    It looks like you have some great things in the works. There is room for tweaks like you have mentioned, but overall they are quite promising. I like the first top, great shoulders and very flattering.
    Sometimes life does get i the way, take care of your family for now. The great sewing will be there when you get back. Be safe in all of you travels.

  3. I made it!! says:

    I hope May is better for you too!

  4. That jacket looks a size big on you…I know I had to change it quite a bit when I made it. I lengthened it and put different sleeves on (3/4 sleeves with darts). I like how it turned out, but it did take a lot of manipulation, so it may not be worth your while.

Comments are closed.