I took with me for these two weeks at my mom’s a lot of patterns – much to much of course – to make muslins.
After the first week of doctors visits and other less interesting activities on Sunday I have made two muslins for the future dresses.
1. From the Silk Charmeuse I am planning to make the top of the dress as below draped on the dress form.
Let’s try the first option as I don’t have this Vogue pattern with me.
I see I have just enough fabric to make this top – wonderful! This is another advantage of making a muslin – you can check how much fabric you need.
2. The next project is a dress cut in waist and for top part I will use the Butterick pattern B5556. I love this vintage look. I still have to check my fabric stash and pick up suitable one for this dress.
3. The next project is another dress based on the Butterick pattern B5813 – tomorrow.