I set aside the Marfy 3177 coat to thing about it and started to work on a jacket based on the Vogue vintage pattern V1023 (OOP).
I have a dark blue boiled wool in my fabric stash which I have bought few years ago to make this jacket.
First however I have checked the PatternReview as I remembered there were some issues with this pattern.
Fortunately all reviews were positive the only repeating remark was too short sleeves and the jackets.
I always trace the patterns to a paper tissue so I can always have an original pattern in case I want to make other size. I have noticed that I was missing some marking so first I have checked the traced pattern pieces. Hmmmm, I did not like what have found out. There were quite differences between the original and the traced pattern pieces.
Lesson learned – if you trance pattern – check it first with original before cutting a fabric.
After this correction was done I have checked the sleeves – yes – they were too short. I have length the sleeves about 8 cm. I hope it will not destroy the proportions of this model.
You can see on this picture from VoguePatterns that the sleeves are a little short.
I then started to think of making the jacket a little longer… but in the end I decided to leave it as it is now – back length 66 cm. It will be great to wear with skirts and comfortable when sitting in the car.
So now… let’s cut the underlining first.