I have finished the muslin for the coat based on Marfy 3177 pattern, which I have bought about moth ago and I pu it on … and I heard the stitches bursting at the back.
Hmmm…. it was definitely something wrong going on.
I started to check the size and measurements – it should be ok, but still… it is something not good with this pattern.
I took a Vogue pattern V8626 (OOP) of a coat to compare the pattern pieces.
The differenced in measurements were not so big. So this Marfy pattern is a mystery.
I will have to amend the front pattern so I would be able to move while wearing a seater of a jacket under it.
BTW… it was funny to see the drawings on the Vogue envelope marking changes I was planning to make in a style of it. The Marfy 3177 has part of them.
Probably I will merge both patterns in one and make a completely new one.
Let’s sleep few nights over it.