Having one day off last week makes such a difference – daylight is helping a lot.
In the end the underlining – which was ready already few weeks ago – was attached to the fashion fabric.
I still was not so sure shall I go on with this fabric but ach! it is too late now
This weekend I have cut the lining and all pattern pieces are now quilted.
What’s more the sleeves parts and the front and back pieces are basted together.
I have attached the walking foot to the sewing machine – I will try to use it so I will match the plaids correctly.
It took long to pick up the work on this jacket but once I started it went quite fast.
By the way… I am using the viscose lining. As I did not have enough in one colour I decided to use different colour for the sleeves. Lesson learned – make sure you have enough lining in place.
In between I will have to think and look for a trim. I will try to make a trim from the fashion fabric first.
Enough to do coming days.
- French jacket sewing techniques resources (redpointtailor.wordpress.com)
- French jacket – slowly steps forward (redpointtailor.wordpress.com)
- The Shanel Jacket (goodbyevalentino.com)