Despite small irritation – my sewing machine again refused to behave – I have managed to finish this wearable summer dress muslin.
I was testing the bodice before making the dress from a fashion fabric.
I used a piece of cotton (about 50 cm) for the bodice and for a skirt a bottom piece of a dress I have never had on. Few years ago I have made a skirt out of this dress so I still have a zipper in.
I decided to leave it in place – it was nice ecru colour which suited perfect to the skirt. I put another zipper to the bodice in red colour. Now I have 2 zippers and it is working perfect.
While trying the dress I have noticed how important it is to fit garments in the same underwear you have been taking measurements and made fitting while sewing.
It was pleasure to attach zipper and lining to the bodice by hand. Now I have to give a little press to the bodice and hope for few sunny days to wear it.
I have only 3 days before leaving for my work and then I will stay week at my mom’s, so I would like to proceed far enough to be able to finish it next week.
Others, it will be week after – as long as I finish it so I could start working on a new project.