Today I was running between the sewing machine/fitting and a Hotpot to make new items.
The muslin for the Vogue dress 8648 – follow up on the Online Couture Dress Class by Susan Khalje is ready. I decided to longer the front neckline about 3,5 cm.
To fit easier the bodice I hand sewed a
divisible zipper separating zipper (I hope this is a good name) – which made fitting much easier
(Update 16th July 2013) My feeling that the name of the zipper is incorrect was right. It is ‘separating zipper’ – thanks eumoronorio! 🙂
The back site of the neckline I made a little longer – 4,5 cm and o course I shortened the back due to the sway back.
It took me some time but in the end I have found out my skirt muslin (the basic skirt block, which I have made few months ago) so I could check if I still fit in it.
Well I had to scoop it in the waist and hip area a little bit – not so bad . The darts were fitting perfectly. That was good news.
Now I have to fit bodice and skirt muslin together … another challenge
Next items are already prepared to be fired.. The next days will be busy … and outside is such a beautiful weather.
BTW … I have to make some buckle or brooch for my new summer dresses. I have to think about this while making new items