When I am tired I know something could go wrong so I prefer to work on something easy. The muslin of Marfy dress is waiting to be disassembled so I could put all adjustments on the pattern pieces. I think I will trace patterns to keep originals untouched. Tomorrow ….
Having wonderful summer weather outside is not helping to sit inside … I see so many posts with stunning summer dresses… so it is time to prepare for new dresses.
I have checked my patterns stash and I have ascertained that I have few summer patterns already traced and ready to be turn to dresses
Some of the upcoming projects (to bust some fabrics and patterns):
But first … a dress based on the Vogue 8648 pattern as part of the Online Couture Dress Class by Susan Khalje:
First I took the paper sheets with printed patterns and checked the size as well as finished garment measurements. I am always doing this as sometimes the added ease is really huge! This is what I like about the great 3 patterns –it is helpful indicator for me. Cutting size 10 I will still have enough loose to move. I did not decided yet about the sleeves. I prefer the sleeveless version as it is more comfortable under the jacket.
On the already fastened Burda tracing wax paper I put a white paper and at the top the paper with patterns. I trace the patterns using the wheel. It went very fast!
I decided to trace only bodice and midriff and make the skirt using my own pattern – tested one. After all pattern pieces were traced I marked the seam allowances and put all useful marking on the pattern pieces.
Another change will be the front and back midriff in once piece (accordingly). As I wanted to keep all pattern pieces untouched I have copied these 4 small pieces and taped them eliminating the seam allowances. As the fabric has no pattern I will not cut it on bias.
Now I am ready to cut the muslin bodice.
The fashion fabric will be this cotton blend in see green colour I have bought last year at Textielstad: