It will be a long project… at this moment I have finished a muslin and forced my DH to have the first very quick fit. Since few years I am planning to make him a jacket, well he requested one. I have bought this Burda 8135 man’s jacket pattern long ago – for extra tall figure. I already know I will have to make few adjustments, e.g. shorten the sleeves, ‘full tummy’ adjustment.
A year ago I have bought the eco canvas from bamboo and linen in red. For lining I will use cotton batiste or this nice red cotton fabric in shells
I had an old cotton curtain which I decided to use for this muslin. I put the Burda wax paper under the fabric – I missed at this moment the large wax paper Susan Khalje used in Craftsy Online Couture Dress Class –
and trace all pattern pieces. No seam allowances were added so I could just trace it all directly without wasting time to marking the seam allowances first.
I cut out the first part of the pattern – I was tracing single layer
– and then I traced other site. This method used/advised Susan Khalje and I have to say I like it – it works very well for muslin. I have this tracing wheel from my DH mother – it is so useful – I am very happy I have got it together with her other craft accessories.
After all was ready I sew all pieces around on my sewing machine with seam length 4.5 mm.
With such a huge pattern pieces – my DH is real Dutch man – it took some time but I succeed!
It was fully accepted by Meisje – she already love this jacket
And now I will make a muslin for the Marfy dress. In between I will make fitting sessions with my DH. I have to be patient – he too .