Today I tested few crotch adjustments.
This adjustment #1. I have made the front crotch line 1 cm longer and back crotch line 2 cm shorter and deeper. There are still wrinkles but I could say acceptable.
The adjustment # 2. I have made the front crotch line deeper and back crotch line shallower.
The back looks better but the front I prefer as at the first adjustment.
I still think that the amount of seem allowances is playing a role here so I decided to combine adjustment # 1 for front and adjustment # 2 for back and make this muslin pants as they are at this moment. I can always wear them at home while e.g. gardening
So here it is after it is almost finished:
I immediately noticed strange wrinkle around the tights. As I could not resist I pinned it and I will put it on the pattern. Having this done I think the next muslin will be better.
Funny thing is that when I compare the original Vogue 8781 pattern with the pattern I have drafted myself with all alterations – there main difference is this one horizontal wrinkle… it will be interesting to make another muslin.
Sometimes I think that maybe it would be better to make this pants from woven fabric without stretch – or less stretch.
As I have to leave for a weekend for my work I will give it a rest.