Before the Pattern Review LBD contest I decided to sew simple dress based on a Butterick pattern 5396 – dress B as I do not have enough fabric for sleeves.
The patterns were already ready so the only I had to do was to check and adjust pieces accordingly.
The back of the dress is made from one piece – no empire cut – however I had to change this as I had not so long piece of the fabric.
So both front and back will be cut above the waist.
All pieces are cut from the fabric and I have marked the points by the tailor tacks.
Before I cut the lining I will sew the dress to check if everything is correct.
Hopefully my sewing machine will work better – lately I have some problems with it – it makes lops below a stitching parts . Probably someone will need to check it. Hopefully it will take not too much time.