I have started weekend with making a new cover for my dress forms.
It was not a rocket science – so good project to warm up.
I have taken out the old cover made of a knitted lycra-like fabric and traces the shape on a paper.
I had in my stash a piece of a knitted cotton bland which was just enough for the cover. I decided to make the new cover a little longer. It was very simple project. The next cover will be from canvas – good exercise in patternmaking.
After the cover was done I started to finishing vintage Vogue Jacket V1023.
It is taking much longer then I expected.
What left now it to hand stitch the lining to the fashion fabric. I should manage to do this today evening. I should not forget to open and finish the button holes on the WS.
Patternmaking Basics: The Bodice Sloper - from: Craftsy.com
I will write more about it later.